Parents are the most powerful influence on your child’s life. Even if it doesn’t seem like it, your kid is listening. Check out Start Talking Now for suggestions about having the tough conversations surrounding alcohol and drug use.
Even when it seems like they don’t hear you, your child is listening. Talking with them early and often can make the conversations easier. Check out Talk. They Hear You. for suggestions on getting the conversation started.
Talking to your teen about drugs can be tough, especially if you don’t feel prepared. Starts With One has resources to get you started, including information about safe storage of opioids, fentanyl and things to consider if your child is prescribed an opioid so you can go into the conversation armed with information.
Washington 211 – https://wa211.org/
· Asotin County Public Health – http://www.asotincountypublichealth.org/covid-19-resources-and-information.html
· YWCA – https://ywcaidaho.org/resources/
· LC Valley Help- www.lcvalleyhelp.org
· Interlink – http://interlinkvolunteers.org
· Lewis Clark Valley Chamber of Commerce – http://lewistonchamber.chambermaster.com/list/